Jamaican Jerk chicken is made from a style of cooking in Jamaica, where the chicken is marinated with a very hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with lime juice and water. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, place allspice, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, thyme, ginger, black pepper and vegetable oil. Blend well, then mix in onions, green onions, garlic and habanero peppers until almost smooth.
- Pour most of the blended marinade mixture into bowl with chicken, reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce while cooking. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Cook chicken slowly on the preheated grill. Turn frequently, basting often with remaining marinade mixture. Cook to desired doneness.
- You can serve it with rice and potatoes.