Nigerian R &B singer, Banky W, has survived a fire outbreak which razed a part of his Lekki residence early Tuesday morning.

The fire which started at about 6am was said to have been caused by a faulty air conditioner.

The actor/singer recounted his experience on his Instagram page.

“So there’s good news and bad news. The good news is… I’m thanking God that I’m alive to give the bad news as a testimony,” he stated.

Narrating the incident, Banky said that he was lying awake in bed at about 6am, when he started smelling smoke and realized it was coming from outside his door.

“Opened it to see the whole stairway was filled with huge gusts of black smoke/soot, and a fire was burning stuff downstairs. The smoke was so much I couldn’t get down past it to see the source of the flames. Rushed back into my room and climbed down from the 2nd floor balcony with my dog… and then got help from the amazing workers and neighbours who helped me put out the flames,” he wrote.

According to the artiste, the fire was caught early enough and the damage wasn’t so bad, although, he said, it basically burnt some of the stuff that was around it.

“So awards, portraits, and some small electronics. But thank God, Duke and I are alive and well. We only had to form James Bond and climb down from the top floor balcony LOL Thank God for my neighbors and the amazing workers in and around the compound for helping us escape via the balcony, helping put out the fire, and helping with the aftermath/cleaning,” he added.

The officials of the Lagos State Fire Service were said to have arrived the scene of the fire by 7.30 am and helped to stop the fire.