Do you know making bread at home can be easily prepared with a few ingredients? Teaching us a new recipe for breakfast this morning was Chef Tolu along side Lady O Mary.
The duo prepared ‘Bread rolls’ with common ingredients like sugar, milk, salt, eggs, e.t.c
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil.
Making it from the scratch, below are the procedures:
- Mix the yeast with warm milk to activate the yeast 5-10 minutes before the process begins. “Bread needs a rising ingredient and yeast is more active than baking powder or baking soda. Yeast doubles the size of the dough in no time.” Tolu said
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients in the mixer bit by bit
- Add butter to loosen it up and make it lighter.
- Roll out the dough bit by bit and rub egg all over it. The egg gives it the golden brown look
- Pre-heat the oven,turn it off and put the rolled out dough for twenty minutes to rise. Explaining why this process comes on, she said the heat from the oven hasten the rising process of the dough.
- The oven is turned on after the rising process and baked for twenty-five minutes.