Plantains are very nutritional and so easy to go creative with.Cooked plantains are nutritionally very similar to a potato calorie-wise, but contain more of some vitamins and minerals. They are also rich source of fiber, vitamins A, C, and B-6, and the minerals magnesium and potassium.
Chef Miyonse on WakeUpNigeria came up with a different creativity in making plantain especially for breakfast. He in the company of Emem prepared ‘peppercorn crusted sauteed plantain with corn beef sauce’
The creative breakfast needed just few ingredients such as plantains, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, habanero, seasoning and corn beef.
Here is how to make the meal:
To make the plantain:
– Slice the plantain and cook in salted water till it’s almost tender.
– When it’s a bit tender, soute it in a flat pan on the heat,adding the peppercorn crust and intalian seasoning if needed.
Note: the peppercorn crust is called pepper when it’s grinded.
To make the sauce:
– Make your pepper mix by blending roughly, the tomatoes, habanero and onions in a blender.
– Fry with a little oil, let the water dry a bit.
– Add the curry , thyme, salt and corn beef.
– Add the carrot and green beans to garnish it.
– Serve as pleased.