You’ll be amazed that plantain is one of those food you cook and doesn’t lose its nutrient. There is no doubt that plantains attracts a great deal of creativity and there are different varieties of plantain, ranging from; ripe to unripe, over ripe and even plantain flour.
On #WakeUpNigeria this morning, Chef Tolu made ‘plantain moi-moi’ in the company of Lady O Mary.
The ingredients used were: Over ripe plantain, plantain flour, atarodo pepper, crayfish powder, onions, seasonings, salt, water, chicken stock and palm oil.
Here is the procedure to follow.
- Mix the plantain flour with water.
- Dice the over ripe plantain.
- Blend the ingredients together such as the mixed plantain flour, the diced plantain, the crayfish powder, pepper, and onions to make a batter.
- After blending, add the seasoning, salt, palm oil, chicken stock and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the moi-moi tins available or however you want to pack it.
- Arrange in a pot and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your plantain moi-moi. Take with sauce if need be.