#WakeUpNigeria: Preparing ‘Chicken Pie’ with Chef Tolu
Have you been trying to figure out an easy way to make Chicken Pie bursting with chicken flavours? Well, Chef Tolu had you in mind this morning on #WakeUpNigeria
“Making Chicken pie is easy and the ingredients are very accessible;they are things you normally have at home” Chef Tolu said.
The ingredients are:
Butter or magarine
Follow the easy procedure to make chicken pie:
- Start with breaking (mixing) the butter into the flour till the flour becomes like bread crumps. According to Tolu, the butter brings the flour together.
- Add the egg (2-3 eggs or more), sugar(minute quantity), and salt which balances it.
- Add water. Chef Tolu noted that it is not always necessary to add water as it depends on the consistency of the flour.
“If it does not loosen up then one table spoon of water should be added per time till it looses up.”
- Mix or knit the dough well on a flat surface for like 15 minutes till it cuddles well.
- Fry the chopped onions first in a pan of little hot oil.
- Add the diced pepper and chicken and some seasoning like garlic, salt.
- Add 3-4 table spoon of flour to thicken the filling.
- Let it cook for some minutes till the chicken gets tender enough.
- To fill the dough, flatten the dough with the rolling pin and put in baking pan and pour the filling. You could also do it the conventional way it is done by cutting the dough bit by bit.
- Glaze with egg to give it the golden brown look.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes in 175 degrees.
Your chicken pie is ready and can be served with tea or any drink.