#WakeUpNigeria: Make ‘Canapes’ with potatoes and plantains
For many of us who have been feeling bad about having to throw out our left over potatoes and plantains, you need to read this.
Chef Miyonse, ex-BBN contestant and Emem on #WakeUpNigeria this morning gave us a mind blowing hint on how to turn our left over plantains and potatoes into “Chicken and Roasted Potatoes Canapes”.
The ingredients used were:
Olive oil or vegetable oil
Using these ingredients, there are procedures to making the ‘Chicken and Roasted Potatoes Canapes’.
First is making the roasted potatoes and plantain:
- Wash the potatoes well as it would be sliced with the jacket.
- Slice the potatoes and plantains into half
- Line them up in the oven
- Add black pepper,salt,oil; shake it around and pop into the preheated oven of 200 degrees.
Note:- No stipulated time was given. Miyonse advised that it should be checked till it’s well roasted.
In preparing the chicken;
- Start by frying the chopped onions and garlic to build up the aromatics(aroma)
- Before putting the chopped chicken in the frying pan, add the seasonings such as the adobo, salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper and mix.
- Pour the chicken into the frying pan and stir,watching it till it’s done, chop the carrots and boil for a very short time to be mildly soft.
Going into making the sauce.
- Make the sauce with mayonnaise and ketchup.
Finally filling the roasted plantain and potatoes:
- Fill in the chicken, sauce, boiled carrots, the chopped spring onions and garnish with parsley.
THEN YOU HAVE MADE GOOD USE OF YOUR LEFTOVERS.