Video: Healthy ‘Gizdodo wrap’ from #WakeUpNigeria kitchen
Gizdodo, also known as gizzard and dodo, is a stir-fry of gizzards and fried plantain that is ever-popular at most Nigerian parties.Chef Miyonse and Emem took us through making a shift of gizdodo which was named ‘Gizdodo Wrap” on #WakeUpNigeria.
This can be achieved by using ingredients like: Gizzard, Plantain, Tomatoes, Onions, Bell pepper, Cabbage, Carrot, Mayonnaise, Habanero, Seasoning cubes, Curry and thyme.
- Cook your gizzard with seasoning cubes and water
- Cut the plantain to desired size and fry
- Cook down your tomatoes, pepper and onions while you add seasoning cube, curry , thyme and some gizzard stock.
- Put the chopped gizzard,plantain and bell pepper in the sauce.
- Mix the carrots and cabbage with mayonnaise
- Fill the gizdodo sauce, the carrot & cabbage mix in the tortilla (flat bread used for making shawarma) then wrap it.
- Put it on the heat for few seconds
- You can now serve your shawarma looking gizdodo.