#WakeUpNigeria: Homemade cinnamon bread role
Cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits.
The cinnamon roll is a roll with cinnamon filling which makes it different and special.
Making this cinnamon flavoured roll is not different from other procedures asides adding the cinnamon as Chef Tolu showed us on #WakeUpNigeria.
The ingredients as expected are: Flour, soaked yeast, Oil or melted butter, warm/lukewarm milk, cinnamon, brown sugar and eggs.
See directions below;
- Soak the yeast in warm/lukewarm milk. The milk has to be lukewarm to activate the yeast. Chef Tolu noted that the yeast has to be awakened as it is the only way to make it work.
- Put the flour, sugar, oil or melted butter, eggs and soaked yeast in the mixer. Mix well to make a dough.
- Mix the cinnamon with black sugar and little oil.
- Flatten the dough,fill in the cinnamon, roll back and cut into preferred sizes.
- Arrange them in a tray for some minutes to rise at room temperature.
- Pop into the oven and keep checking till it’s done.