TVC E. Egg frittata is a perfect meal for breakfast, brunch or a quick weeknight dinner, it is usually filled with varieties of vegetables and other condiments as you may like.
This morning on the Wake Up Nigeria show, our newest chef, Temi in company of Lady O Mary took us through the process of making this wonderful meal and according to Chef Temi, the ingredients used is dependent on the cook as it does not have any strict recipe.
“You can have anything you want in it. Put all into one pot and add eggs as the binding agent.”
- Peel, wash potatoes and cut into into small pieces.
- Dice bell peppers, onions and garlic. Cut sausages, chicken breast and set aside.
- Saute potatoes will little oil for 5 mins and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic for 2 mins, add cut chicken breast and continue to saute for another 2 mins.
Chef Temi explained that ‘saute’, meant to put under high heat, using little oil. It is different from frying. It is called ”aggressive cooking”
While in the saute process, add potatoes and other chopped ingredient including salt and black pepper. Continue to saute for another 2 mins
In the preparation process, Lady O Mary asked why seasoning cube was not added, Chef Temi explained that the building of the aromatic which involves frying the onions and garlic replaced seasoning cube.
- Next beat your eggs and make ready your cheese.
For this particular recipe, we used about 12 eggs but you could use a lesser amount depending on the number of person you are making the the meal for explained Chef Temi
- Add beated eggs and cheese to the mixture and put in the oven for 30 mins.
The essence of putting it in the oven for that long is to allow the eggs and cheese set properly while also allowing other ingredients to cook properly.