For many of us who have been feeling bad about having to throw out our left over potatoes and plantains, you need to read this.
Chef Miyonse, ex-BBN contestant and Emem on #WakeUpNigeria this morning gave us a mind blowing hint on how to turn our left over plantains and potatoes into “Chicken and Roasted Potatoes Canapes”.
The ingredients used were:
Olive oil or vegetable oil
Using these ingredients, there are procedures to making the ‘Chicken and Roasted Potatoes Canapes’.
First is making the roasted potatoes and plantain:
- Wash the potatoes well as it would be sliced with the jacket.
- Slice the potatoes and plantains into half
- Line them up in the oven
- Add black pepper,salt,oil; shake it around and pop into the preheated oven of 200 degrees.
Note:- No stipulated time was given. Miyonse advised that it should be checked till it’s well roasted.
In preparing the chicken;
- Start by frying the chopped onions and garlic to build up the aromatics(aroma)
- Before putting the chopped chicken in the frying pan, add the seasonings such as the adobo, salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper and mix.
- Pour the chicken into the frying pan and stir,watching it till it’s done, chop the carrots and boil for a very short time to be mildly soft.
Going into making the sauce.
- Make the sauce with mayonnaise and ketchup.
Finally filling the roasted plantain and potatoes:
- Fill in the chicken, sauce, boiled carrots, the chopped spring onions and garnish with parsley.
THEN YOU HAVE MADE GOOD USE OF YOUR LEFTOVERS.