This recipe for “Yam Porridge and Chicken Wings” by Chef Miyonse on #WakeUpNigeria, is all you need to spice up things in the kitchen. You definitely want to try this!
The ingredients used were:
- Palm oil
- Chicken wings
- Chili Sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Crushed Chilli
- Coconut milk.
- Cook the yam till it gets tender.
- When the yam is almost done, pour the coconut milk or coconut powder and leave to cook well till its soft and breaks or mash-able.
- Add palm oil to a pan under heat, allow the oil to bleach a little and add your blended tomatoes, onions and habanero or pepper.
- When the yam is done, pour the cooked palm oil to cook for few minutes.
Preparing the chicken wings;
- Cut the chicken wings into three parts each, season them with Italian seasoning , salt, black pepper(to elevate the flavor), thyme and rosemary if possible;leave to marinate (Soak or mix) for like 10-minutes.
- To complete the chicken wings process, put some olive oil in a pan, add onions, garlic and let it cook down a bit.
- Put the wings in the oil, add the barbecue sauce to coat it, the chili sauce or ketchup and the chili flakes to make it extra spicy and stir/mix till the chinken wings are fried.