#WakeUpNigeria: 3 basic ingredients for preparing ‘smoked chicken pasta’
Smoked fish, pasta, tomato sauce are star ingredients for this amazing recipe to making ‘smoked chicken pasta.’ Check it out!
Pasta is typically a noodle made from unleavened dough of a durum wheat flour mixed with water or eggs and formed into sheets or various shapes,then cooked by boiling or baking.
Chef Miyonse modifies pasta this morning by adding smoked fish and garnished with black pepper and basil.
The full ingredients are: Smoked chicken, Tomato puree, fresh tomatoes, pasta, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, rosemary, crushed chili, olive oil, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, thyme, basil, carrots and green beans.
The procedure includes:
To make the pasta,
- Boil some water in a pot.
- When it’s boiled, add salt and vegetable oil. Vegetable oil loosens the pasta and gives it a glossy look.
- Add the pasta without breaking it. Cooking it without breaking makes it look good and long.
- Cover it up and let it cook well.
- After it’s done, sieve some of the water and keep some. The water kept would help to loosen the pasta if it dries.
To make the sauce,
- Put some oil in a pot on heat.
- Cut in the onions and garlic to build the aromatics.
- Pour in the blended tomatoes and tomato puree.
- When the tomatoes is cooked down, add the rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning..
- Add the chopped smoked chicken (star ingredient) and let it cook well.
- Add the pasta into the sauce.
- Add the chopped carrots, green beans and fold all together.
- Serve and garnish with black pepper and basil.
While serving, Chef Miyonse noted that presentation of food is very important.
“Presentation commands respect for your food. It captivates your husband’s heart even when the food does not taste good.”