Pig in a blanket AKA ‘hot dog’ recipe on #WakeUpNigeria
Pig in a blanket AKA ‘hot dog’ or ‘sausage roll’ is one meal to consider having for breakfast.
Recipe by chef Tolu on TVC’s entertainment show, #WakeUpNigeria
To make your hot dog, all you need to do is to make a dough, prepare the sausage and roll the sausage in the dough blanket.
The ingredients are: Powdered-milk, flour, yeast, warm water, egg, pinch of
salt, hot dog, butter and sugar.
The process includes:
- Grill the sausage.
To make the dough:
- Pour all the dry ingredients in a bowl, such as powdered-milk, flour,
salt, sugar, yeast.
Note: put the salt in a different corner away from the yeast so it doesn’t
stop the activation of the yeast.
- Pour in the wet ingredients such as warm water and egg.
- Mix well till it makes a dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop, stretch and roll.
- Turn the rolled out dough around the sausages.
- Moisturize the surface of the dough with beated egg to give a golden brown
look after heating.
- Place in the oven and keep checking till it’s done.
As delicious as some snacks and food can be, excess intake could have a side
effect especially on children.
Too much intake of sausage roll like taking 10-12 in a month can lead to
childhood cancer or leukemia in children.