Easy ‘shepherd pie’ recipe on #WakeUpNigeria
Shepherd Pie is a layered casserole of beef, carrots, and potato.
This recipe gets you on the groove in the kitchen and it’s a lot of fun as you can try other ingredients to build up your desired taste.
Chef Miyonse in company of Emem prepared this on #WakeUpNigeria.
Ingredients: Mince beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans, onions, flour, ketchup, cheddar cheese, salt, vegetable oil, black pepper and rosemary.
- Firstly cook your potatoes in salted water.
- When it’s done, mash the potatoes and add salt,butter and black pepper.
- To make the pie filling,
- Put some oil in a pan on heat.
- Put your chopped onions to build the aromatics.
- Put the vegetables(carrots and green beans)
- Put the mince meat and let it cook well.
- Add flour mixed with water to keep it very moist.
- Add ketchup to sweeten it.
- Add salt, black pepper and rosemary.
- When it’s done, layer the meat filling in a bowl.
- Layer the mashed potatoes on the filling.
- Layer the cheddar cheese, dress well and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.