October 30, 2017
#WakeUpNigeria: Healthy ‘cabbage stir fry’ for breakfast
Cabbage is a type of vegetable with great health benefits like: prevents cancer, being an anti-inflammatory agent, improves vision, aids weight loss, improves brain health and regulates blood pressure just to mention a few.
Cabbage is a leafy vegetable of the Brassica family which consists of soft, light green or whitish inner leaves covered with harder and dark green outer leaves.
Above all, cabbage is a good ingredient for breakfast and does not need stress or a complex recipe.
This morning on WakeUpNigeria, Chef Miyonse creatively made a simple cabbage breakfast called ‘Cabbage Stir Fry’.
The recipe for this meal is very simple using few ingredients such as: cabbage, carrot, green beans, chicken franks, noodles, soy sauce, onions, garlic and sesame seed.
The recipe includes;
– Boil your noodles
– Blanch your vegetables (carrot, green beans and cabbage).
Note: You blanch when you deep the vegetables into hot water and immediately put them in cold water, so as to harden the surface and retain the juices. It also makes them beautiful and glossy.
– Toast the sesame seed ina dry pot on heat for some minutes.
To the stir frying,
– Put a pot on the heat, add oil and build up the aromatics with onions and garlic.
– Add the chicken franks.
– Add the carrot and green beans.
– Put the chinese maggi to season it.
– Add the boiled noodles.
– Add the soy sauce.
Note: Soy sauce is salty so be careful to not over salt your meal.
– Keep stiring till it’s done.
– Put the sesame seed and serve.