Homemade ‘buttermilk pancake and chocolate sauce’ is sure a resourceful breakfast which includes combining different recipes to make one.
Chef Tolu took us through the process from making our own buttermilk, to the chocolate sauce, to the batter, frying it into pancakes and then layering the pancakes with the chocolate sauce.
The ingredients used are; Flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, evaporated milk, oil, melted butter, eggs, vinegar, strawberry flavor and cocoa powder.
To make the buttermilk:
- Soak the white distilled vinegar in the evaporated milk for 5 minutes.
To make the chocolate sauce:
- Mix the cocoa powder and the flour till there is no lump
- Put two table spoons of oil in a pan
- Pour a cup of milk as you put the pan on the heat.
- Pour the cocoa powder and flour mixture in the milk and mix well
- Add the sugar and a bit of salt, stir well till its thick enough.
To make the pancakes:
- Mix the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt with the wet ingredients such as buttermilk,strawberry flavour,melted butter and eggs.
- Leave the batter to sit for few seconds so the ingredients can blend
- Put little vegetable oil in a pan on heat, begin to fry into pancakes bit by bit.
To dress the food:
- Put the flat fried pancake in a plate and grease with chocolate as you layer the pancakes on each other.
- After the layering, pour the remaining chocolate on the pancakes then garnish with some grapes.
- Serve and enjoy your morning.