Kitchen corner: ‘Ofada rice and plantain’ on #WakeUpNigeria
A lot of people love to eat the Ofada rice but never know how to make the sauce just right. Chef Adeola showed us the step by step process of making ‘Ofada rice and plantain’ on #WakeUpNigeria. Let’s get started!
To make the sauce:
- Heat pan, pour bleached oil into to it. To bleach the oil, pour palm oil in a pot and cover, heat for about 10 min, allow to cool before opening pot
- Add locust beans (iru) to the oil
- Add dried shrimp and fry for 1 min. You can boil the dries shrimp a bit to make it softer when eating
- – Add unripe pepper and tomatoes. Before adding the pepper you must have blended the unripe pepper and tomatoes and boiled it. remember not to blend the pepper to be smooth
- Add season, salt and stir. Allow to cook for about 5-10 min
- Add your assorted meat. Note that the meat must have been washed seasoned and cooked.
- Add already boiled egg and allow to simmer for about 2 mins
For Ofada rice:
wash rice thoroughly and boil.
Fry ripe plantain.
Serve and enjoy