Kitchen corner- Spinach infused lemon butter shrimp pasta on #WakeUpNigeria
We all are familiar with the regular pasta preparation process but today, Chef Demmy showed us the step by step process of making ‘Spinach infused lemon butter shrimp pasta’ on #WakeUpNigeria
Ingredients: * Spinach
* Seasoning cubes
* Lemon juice
* Green pepper
* Chicken stock
* Chicken breast
* Vegetable oil
* Sesame oil
* Black pepper
* Runner beans
– Blanche the spinach for 1 min
– Boil pasta till al dente with chicken stock and a tablespoon of lemon juice
– Season chicken breast and shrimps with stock cubes, black pepper, sage and salt.
– In a pan, add some butter and vegetable oil,
– Sautee your onions and a clove of garlic
– Add already seasoned shrimps and sautee until it turns pink
– Remove the shrimps and set aside
– Add some more butter and oil to the pan
– At intervals, add all carrots, green beans, green pepper and seasoning accordingly
– Add your spinach and a teaspoon of lemon juice to the pan
– Introduce your already boiled pasta to the content of the pan
– Add some sesame oil, Italian seasoning, some more stock cubes and salt
– Add shrimps and let it all cook for a minute
For chicken breast;
– Brown chicken on a hot pan for 4 mins on both sides.
Ready to serve
*Al dente describes pasta that is cooked to be firm to the bite.
*Blanching is a cooking process wherein the food substance, usually a vegetable or fruit, is scalded in boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process
* Browning chicken is the first step in many recipes for cooking chicken. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces to hot oil in a single layer without crowding. Cook 8 to 10 minutes per side or until chicken is browned; remove with tongs.
* Sautee In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and onions stirring, for 1 minute. Add the all of the vegetables and cook until just starting to wilt, about 2 minutes.