We all are familiar with the regular pasta preparation process but today, Chef Demmy showed us the step by step process of making ‘Spinach infused lemon butter shrimp pasta’ on #WakeUpNigeria
Ingredients: * Spinach
* Seasoning cubes
* Lemon juice
* Green pepper
* Chicken stock
* Chicken breast
* Vegetable oil
* Sesame oil
* Black pepper
* Runner beans
– Blanche the spinach for 1 min
– Boil pasta till al dente with chicken stock and a tablespoon of lemon juice
– Season chicken breast and shrimps with stock cubes, black pepper, sage and salt.
– In a pan, add some butter and vegetable oil,
– Sautee your onions and a clove of garlic
– Add already seasoned shrimps and sautee until it turns pink
– Remove the shrimps and set aside
– Add some more butter and oil to the pan
– At intervals, add all carrots, green beans, green pepper and seasoning accordingly
– Add your spinach and a teaspoon of lemon juice to the pan
– Introduce your already boiled pasta to the content of the pan
– Add some sesame oil, Italian seasoning, some more stock cubes and salt
– Add shrimps and let it all cook for a minute
For chicken breast;
– Brown chicken on a hot pan for 4 mins on both sides.
Ready to serve
*Al dente describes pasta that is cooked to be firm to the bite.
*Blanching is a cooking process wherein the food substance, usually a vegetable or fruit, is scalded in boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process
* Browning chicken is the first step in many recipes for cooking chicken. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces to hot oil in a single layer without crowding. Cook 8 to 10 minutes per side or until chicken is browned; remove with tongs.
* Sautee In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and onions stirring, for 1 minute. Add the all of the vegetables and cook until just starting to wilt, about 2 minutes.