Kellogg’s Nigeria cereal is one of the best breakfast anyone can ask for. It is tasty, nutritious and quick to prepare.
Today on TVC’s Flagship program, Igabali Darlington, Area Marketing Manager, Kellogg Tolaram Nigeria Limited disclosed that Kellogg’s is fortified with 11 Vitamins and minerals. Essential vitamins such as A, C B6, B12 and D makes up the nutritional values of Kellogg’s.
“Kellogg’s cereals has the right nutritional contents, it contains 11 vitamins which improves your immune system and boosts your energy. With Kellogg’s it’s easy to prepare and your children can also take it in a pack to school.” Mr Igbali said.
He also revealed that the CEO of Kellogg’s worldwide was present to commission Kellogg’s manufacturing company Nigeria.
“We have installed the most sophisticated cereal factory in Nigeria, we have the best machine on ground. Be sure you are getting the best product, produced in the best hygynic environment.
“The Government is promoting local content, so we have spent a lot of money to bring production to Nigeria and we are creating a lot of employment.”
See some of the nutritional values of the vitamins present in Kellogg’s Nigeria –
- Vitamin A helps form and maintain healthy teeth, bones, soft tissue, mucus membranes, and skin.
- Vitamin B6 is also called pyridoxine. Vitamin B6 helps form red blood cells and maintain brain function. This vitamin also plays an important role in the proteins that are part of many chemical reactions in the body. The more protein you eat the more pyridoxine your body requires.
- Vitamin B12, like the other B vitamins, is important for metabolism. It also helps form red blood cells and maintain the central nervous system.
- Vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid, is an antioxidant that promotes healthy teeth and gums. It helps the body absorb iron and maintain healthy tissue. It also promotes wound healing.
- Vitamin D is also known as the “sunshine vitamin,” since it is made by the body after being in the sun. Ten to 15 minutes of sunshine 3 times a week is enough to produce the body’s requirement of vitamin D for most people at most latitudes. People who do not live in sunny places may not make enough vitamin D. It is very hard to get enough vitamin D from food sources alone.
- Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium. You need calcium for the normal development and maintenance of healthy teeth and bones. It also helps maintain proper blood levels of calcium and phosphorus.