Pastor orders members to attack journalists in Bayelsa

There was chaos at the premises of Magistrate Court 3 in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State after the Founder of God Is Able Mega Fire Ministry located in Opolo area of the state capital, Kingsley Abiekunogho, ordered his members to attack journalists.


Abiekunogho is standing trial for allegedly obtaining a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and money from one of his members, Seiyefa Saiyou, by trick. He was said to have asked his followers who besieged the court to shield him from the journalists while he made his way to a waiting car that would speed away with him after the hearing.

His plan, however, apparently failed as the church members could not cover him from the prying eyes and cameras of the reporters.

Angered by the agility of the journalists who managed to get shots of him, Abiekunogho ordered his followers to beat up the journalists.

According to Independent News, The church members, acting on his directive, descended heavily on the journalists who were waiting outside the court, having earlier been ordered to leave the courtroom by the Magistrate who heard the case in camera.

The church members, numbering over 100, beat up journalists and damaged their camera.

While the drama lasted, the pastor was whisked away by some of his members while others continued the assault on the journalists, causing a commotion in the court premises.

The intervention of policemen in the court premises brought the situation under control as they rescued the distressed reporter from the mob action.

The assault on the journalists was reported to the Division ‘A’ Police Station where the issue is still being investigated.The case was adjourned to March 24, 2018, for further hearing.

Abiekunogho was alleged to have fraudulently obtained a Toyota Sports Utility Vehicle and the sum of N20,000 from Saiyou, his church member, in exchange for spiritual breakthroughs.

The cleric had promised the church member that he would receive the items in two folds after two weeks.

One month after he did not receive any breakthroughs, Saiyou decided to seek legal redress after several days of attempts to retrieve his SUV failed.

No Comments
Leave a Comment: