#WakeUpNigeria kitchen: ‘Brioche french toast and pea soup’
Brioche French toast and pea soup recipe.
Have you ever had bread for breakfast and wondered how else you could serve an exciting breakfast with your bread slices?.Look no further than this recipe. If you have kids be sure they will absolutely love this meal too.
Chef Tolu Samaiye can back on the show with easy steps to whip up this meal, ‘The Brioche french toast and pea soup’. The brioche french toast is a form of pastry with cinnamon and sugar in it.
Follow the easy steps below to prepare the dish.
- Sliced Bread
- Green peas
- Put your peas and carrot in a pot of boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes
- Allow to cook until it is soft and tender
- At the meantime, place flatly your slice of bread in the bowl of egg mixture( egg and vanilla)
- Then place the slice on the bowl of sugar and cinnamon
- Take the same slice of bread and place both sides on the plate with crushed flakes (this is done to get a crispy taste).
- Pour little oil (or butter) into a fry pan and turn on the heat
- Then place on the heated pan to toast
- Allow to fry until both sides turn golden brown.
- When the pea is boiled (soft and tender),
- Pour it into a blender
- Then add a cup of water and blend to make a paste
- Pour the paste back into the pot and cook
- Add your diced sausages to the pot
- Allow to cook
- Add salt and seasoning cubes to taste (other spices are optional).
- Allow to cook for a few minutes until you get a thick consistency
- Then turn of the heat, the meal is ready
Serve your pea soup with your toast and enjoy the delicious meal! The meal is a good idea for breakfast and can be prepared within a few minutes. It is healthy meal and contains peas with are rich in iron and also have vitamins and protein content.