#WakeUpNigeria: Food recipe for ‘Savory crepes and curry soup’
On your favorite breakfast show today, #WakeUpNigeria we had Chef Tina in the kitchen to prepare breakfast. The breakfast meal for today was ‘Savory crepes and curry soup’.
Crepes are one of the versatile recipes every home cook should know and if you’ve never made them before, you should check the easy steps on how to prepare it in the post.
Crepes are easier to make than you think. It is a very thin form of pastry different from pancakes. They are originally made in France. The French street-food comes in two varieties, sweet and savory crepes. However, Chef Tina prepared the savory crepes in the kitchen today. It is called savory crepes because it’s made with non-wheat flours. Also, savory crepes can be another breakfast option for kids.
Follow these steps to prepare the meal;
- Chilli pepper
- Baking soda
- Sweet potatoes
- Seasoning cubes
- Corn flour
- Red pepper
- Spring onions
- Runner beans
- Green pepper
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Add water and milk
- Crack eggs into the mix and beat until smooth.
- Then add cinnamon
- Add melted butter to the mixture,
- Then add baking soda,
- Add spring onions to the mix
- Keep stirring until the mixture is smooth, add little water to get a lighter consistency.
- Heat up a nonstick pan, brush with oil
- Pour batter in the center of the pan, swirling pan to coat.
- Fry for about a minute until its golden brown, then flip.
- Transfer to a plate after frying.
For The Curry Soup;
- Add beef to the pot and cook
- Add seasoning cubes, chilli pepper and salt
- Add butter to the beef stock
- Then add thyme and turmeric for taste and coloring and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornflour and water then pour into the beef stock(to thicken the soup) then stir.
- Allow soup to simmer for a few minutes.
- Then add your the chopped vegetables(carrots, red&green bell pepper, runner beans).
- Turn off the heat, food is ready to be served.