#WakeUpNigeria: Cooking recipe for ‘Plain boiled rice & Ayamase’
#WakeUpNigeria breakfast show brings you the best food recipes for your kitchen moments. Chef Tolu today, prepared a delicious meal, plain rice and ayamase to make your taste-buds happy.
Rice and ayamase is a Nigerian meal native to the Yoruba’s but in recent times, many homes have made this meal an essential dish.
- Green chilli
- Chicken cube
- Locust beans
- Diced assorted meat
- Palm oil
- Bell pepper
Follow these steps to cook:
- Heat up water in a cooking pot
- Rinse your rice then pour in the boiling water and allow to cook
- Add salt and little oil
- Cook for about half an hour.
- In another pot, pour in palm oil and heat up
- Blend your green chilli pepper, bell peppers and onions
- Fry till the oil till it is bleached and looks clear like vegetable oil.
- Use low heat when bleaching the oil to ensure the oil is not dark
- Add chopped onions to the oil
- Pour in the diced assorted meat(already boiled) into the pot of oil and stir
- Then add your blended green chilli puree.
- Fry till all the water is dried up from the pepper
- Put in the chicken cubes, salt, curry and other spices to taste and stir
- Add your locust beans
- Stir and allow to simmer for a few more minutes
- It is ready to be served
- Serve with the plain boiled rice and enjoy!