#WakeUpNigeria: The most amazing ‘Coconut Cake’ recipe
The Most Amazing Coconut Cake recipe.
Coconut cakes are moist, creamy and nutritious. Yes, nutritious! With an aroma really hard to resist, this cake is one to ‘wow’ everyone at home, office or anywhere. Chef Onome was in the kitchen today on #WakeUpNigeria and she baked ‘Coconut Cake’. Learn how to bake this cake in the easiest way possible with the recipe below.
- Coconut milk
- Baking powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Coconut flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the pan
- In a mixing bowl, Cream the butter and sugar till it is light and fluffy.
- Then add the desiccated coconut and eggs.
- Add the flavor and combine
- Mix in cake flour and baking powder together till it combines smoothly in the bowl.
- Transfer mix to the pan.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for about an hour. Use toothpick to insert the middle of the cake to check if its ready.
- Cake is really if the toothpick comes out clean
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Then frost the cake with butter frosting and top with biscuits(optional) or coconut flakes.