Today’s breakfast is a quick, easy and fancy dish to prepare, Chef Sebiotimo of @supertongue_concept, spiced our morning with the delicious “Kunu Zaki & Ojojo” on TVC’s entertainment breakfast show, Wake Up Nigeria.
“Kunu Zaki & Ojojo” is an easy and nutritional meal that boosts immune system. Kunu is popular in the Northern region of Nigeria and is also served in parties preferably how you want it – hot or chilled.
To prepare the drink, you will need from one to two days, because the fermentation process must be triggered by water.
Kunu Drink Ingredients:
- Mixed soaked millets
- Chopped ginger
- Chilli pepper
- Place into blender, the millet, ginger, garlic and chilli pepper and blend all together
- After grinding, pour in a bowl and sieve with sieving cloth
- Put down to settle for like one or two hours
- Divide the mixture into two parts (Part A should be two thirds of the mixture, and Part B, one third)
- Mix Part A with a small quantity of water and add boiling water to a ratio of 4 cups of water to 1 part to be dissolved thoughly
- Mix Part B with cold water in a ratio of 3 cups of water to 1 part
- Thoroughly combine the two mixtures (Part A and Part B) and add sugar to taste. The product obtained is the kunu zaki
Also, here are the ingredients for Ojojo:
- Water Yam
- Groundnut Oil (Power Oil)
- pepper (tatase)
- Boiled Fish
- Peel off the skin of the water yam using a knife.
- Cut the water yam into chunks and grate
- Season the grated water yam with salt, maggi and crayfish
- Add the chopped onions and chopped pepper
- Add boiled fish
- Heat up groundnut oil in a frying pan
- Drop bits by bits into the hot oil and let it fry till its get brown on all sides, meanwhile some love it crispy.
See how easy that was? Let’s hear from you when you’ve tried this recipe. Enjoy!