Nutritious Breakfast of Yam, Fish Sauce and Egg Veggie Sauce
Chef Wunmi sure knows how to make simple meals like ‘Yam and Egg’, look very desirable.
On this episode of #WakeUpNigeria, the very versatile chef made something that everyone can relate with, also very simple and easy to make: A combination of Boiled yams, Fish Sauce and Egg veggie sauce.
Green Bell Pepper
Bit of Grated Pepper
Onions, you’re good to go.
To make the yam a bit glossy/shiny, Chef Wunmi added a little bit of vegetable oil and little salt but you can always freestyle the way you want. Now, for the Home made fish sauce, all you need is to
- Bleach your vegetable oil for a few seconds
- Fry mix the onions for flavor
- Add pepper, allow it warm up
- And then cook it all together with your spices
- Because Ugu is very fragile, overcooking it makes it lose its nutrient so you should add it last after you have fried your eggs and voila! You have your veggy egg sauce.
This meal has a combination of Proteins, Vitamins, Carbohydrate, making it a very rich and nutritious meal. See video below: