Balotelli set for return to Liverpool after interest from AC Milan wax cold

Mario Balotelli looks set to return to Liverpool after AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi revealed that the Serie A club would not be making their loan deal for the mercurial Italian a permanent one. Balotelli moved back to Milan on a season-long loan last year after failing to impress in Merseyside, scoring just one Premier League goal following a £16m switch from the San Siro in August 2014. However, his second stint with Milan has proved similarly unproductive as he has only managed to find the back of the net once in 20 league appearances, and that was last September in a 3-2 win at Udinese. The 25-year-old started Milan's last two league matches, leading to suggestions he could remain with the club, although Berlusconi has signalled the former Manchester City striker will be heading back to Anfield. In quotes published by Gazzetta dello Sport, Berlusconi said: "There will be many departures because players...

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli not keen on return to Anfield

Mario Balotelli has revealed he does not want to return to Liverpool, claiming he was never happy during his short spell at Anfield. The 25-year-old, who is currently on loan at AC Milan, moved to Liverpool in 2014 but endured a difficult year with the Reds, scoring just one Premier League goal before being shipped off to the San Siro. Balotelli's struggles have continued in Italy with the striker scoring just once in Serie A all season, but the former Manchester City forward insists he is keen to extend his stay there.   Join TVC News BBM Channel C0021B67E Follow Us On Instagram –  TVCconnect Follow us on twitter –  @TVCconect Like us on facebook  –  TVCconnect    ...

Chelsea’s Antonio Conte faces jail term for alleged match fixing

An Italian prosecutor has requested a six-month suspended prison term and an 8,000-euro-fine ($9,085) for Italy coach Antonio Conte over his alleged role in a match-fixing case, Conte's lawyer said on Tuesday. Conte, who has already served a ban imposed by the Italian soccer federation (FIGC) in connection with the 2011 case but has always denied any wrongdoing, is accused of "sporting fraud" by prosecutors in the northern city of Cremona. The prosecution request came just a day after English Premier League champions Chelsea named Conte as their new coach for next season. He is due to take the Italian national side to the European Championship, which will be held from June 10 to July 10 in France. The Cremona case focuses on alleged wrongdoing in 2011 when Conte was in charge of Siena soccer club in Serie B. The prosecutor has cited one particular match played against Albino Leffe, saying Conte knew of match-fixing efforts. Conte's lawyer, Leonardo Cammarata, denied this. "Antonio Conte denies any...

Page 1 of 2
1 2